Monday 16 September 2013

The Ideas


I have a few ideas for a story/plot and styles for my animation.
The first is a Bonnie and Clyde type story which will be done in black and white to suit. I will have two characters in a romantic scenario, The male character tell the female he can no longer be with her etc but I will have a funny twist at the end. Bellow are a couple images of the theme I will be aiming for and some styles that I like and would like to so something similar to. Though this may only end up being a short 30 second animation and I will need to do another to reach my minimum 1 minute.






My other idea is something more colourful compared to the first. For this animation the plot is to be decided. I want to use patterns as the base colours for the character(s) and then use the colour black to add in the details, like the last of the bellow images but where we see the pink/coral colour the pattern would be.





Here I have made an example using the images above. The backgrounds will be simple solid colours or very simple drawings so they do not overpower the characters. I think this would be a very fun style by may be complicated as I will have to fill in the patterns to all the parts I want. I also made a quick style test in Flash, A is a test of the black and white style and B is a test of the patterned style. Style B is very busy but I really like it because it's very colourful and it's something different when compared to style A which is far more simple and easier on the eye.






No comments:

Post a Comment