Monday 23 September 2013

Storyboard

I started working on a basic storyboard and I used Google Sketchup 8 which is a 3D software by Google to get a stage background which I could use for reference, it very easy to use and there are a number of models that you can download and use for referencing, as well as making your own models to work from. In my opinion it is a very lightweight software that is a lot simpler than Maya or similar softwares and for helping with quick compositions it is very useful. 

As I will only be animating the first 30 seconds of my chosen song I only have 6 verses of song to lip sync to which I think will be achievable. Though I may add in a little more as there is quite a bit of nice instrumental that I could work with, but I don't want to get too ambitious and not be able to finish my animation.

"Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On a-Jupiter and Mars

In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me"



My first shot will be a wide shot of the character on the stage swaying along with the rhythm of the music.

In the audio clip I am going to use there is a piano playing and just before the singing there is a quick little piano part, so I decided I wanted to add a scene with a piano to break up the shots of the character.

As the first part of the singing starts I will then cut to a close up of his mouth for the first verse 

 And then pan around his face to a side view for the second, for the storyboard I have played around with a few different styles to see what I like best. I'm not sure whether to cut to this scene or rotate around from the front of the characters face to the side. 

From there I'll pan up to some stars in the sky to go with the lyrics and maybe have a shooting star go across the screen.

Then  I will add in a few finger clicks to break up all the shots of the lip syncing so the animation doesn't get to boring. I don't want to keep the focus on one part for to long, I want to keep the animation flowing with the rhythm of the music.

I'll then zoom out from the hand shot to just behind the audience, so we can see from their point of view. I also do a few frames of animation on them so they are swaying to the music as well.



this is how it will zoom out and I will have the audience move in slightly slower to give the scene a bit more depth I will be using Vcam to help me animate this scene as it will make it easier and be more effective.

I will then have my female character come up on stage and take the male characters had, they will have a slight swaying dance on the stage and then he will place his hand on her face and sing the last part of the song. It will then cut to credits and the music will fade out.

1 comment:

  1. Your storyboard is well drawn, but your plan for the animation is very short - it should be a minimum of a minute for this module.

    ReplyDelete