Monday 9 September 2013

Ideas Generation and Evaluation of Wider Viewing


I started doing some ideas generation for my Talking Point animation, so far I have a few ideas - some that are already a bit out of the question as I want to make sure I can finish for my deadline. At the moment I'm leaning towards a fake sales pitch like the following video.

I thought I could animate something similar to this as it's funny and has lip sync, though it is pretty short so for a minimum of 1 minute I would have to either extend it or make 2 clips.

Sales Are Down



Though I do like the idea of lots of little snips of different clips/animations put together like the animation to the left, I thought the way it was pieced together was really simple but effective and the short ending part brought it all together. The lip sync in general was very well done and I thought it matched up with the audio quite nicely.
I also found the idea of the different clips to be a good idea, because you're not stuck working on the same animation for a long time. Meaning, I could have a few different animations (probably in different styles) that I could pick and choose to work on, or even if I were to work on one animation at a time it wouldn't take me long and I could move on to the next. I think this would be a better way of working for me as I tend to get bored working solely on one animation for a long period of time.

Blah Blah Blah



I particularly liked the style of this animation, especially the way the animator made the expressions and the lip sync very exaggerated/animated, which was really interesting and I enjoyed the w`y it helped show the characters expressions. The audio and the lip sync matched up well and the animation as a whole was funny. For such a short clip it was well animated and you could tell a lot of thought went into the actions of the characters. I really like the cleanliness of the lines and simple shading was very effective, it worked well with the audio and I think that if the animation style was more complex it would have been less funny visually. Unlike the above animation where the lines were less crisp and smooth, but this worked for the animation as it was cute and silly.

Meanwhile, at Adobe



I thought this lip sync test was good though I did find it was a little off here and there, it think as the character is speaking they should show less teeth and more open mouth frames, the character look a little bit like they were talking through there teeth at some points. Other than that the rest f the lip sync was quite good and the characters motions and expressions went well with portraying hat he was saying.

Wheatley lip sync test 1



The lip sync in this animation was very smooth in the first part and then where the animation is still in the rough we only have the key frames and maybe a few in-betweens. The lip sync towards the beginning was very good and the gestures and body language of the characters was a very nice addition.

Laundry Day

1 comment:

  1. You have made a good start with this entry by evaluating a range of animations and lip syncing and you have discussed your initial idea.

    ReplyDelete